At Marco, we work hard BUT we play hard too. If you are looking for a progressive and cool place to work…look no further!
Influenced by the many interests and hobbies of our staff, you will find many statements of our passion for music, sports, movies, and history in just about every corner of our national headquarters. You, too, can “hang your hat” at one of the construction industry’s most eclectic offices, located just north of Pittsburgh PA.
As you can understand, our continued successes depend heavily on the people we hire. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Our company is committed to attracting a diverse workforce who will bring us a variety of experiences, ideas, cultures, and talents.
If you are interested in applying for our Superintendent's position, please submit the form below, attach a cover letter and resume detailing your qualifications, along with a complete project list.
Traveling Construction Superintendent
Provide overall on-site administrative and technical management on construction project site. Projects range in size from 500K to 5 million.
- Pre-plan, plan, coordinate, and supervise on-site functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, vendors).
- Supervise and direct total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. Includes direct communication with client representatives, and other contractors.
- Supervise contractors and other craft employees as required by the contract.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the scope and responsibilities of each subcontractor and supplier.
- Provide technical assistance; i,e., interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment as needed/required.
- TEAM- assists project manager by developing and implementing project procedures, working documents and standards. (Must utilize company based software for communication, logs, and documentation. Computer literacy is a MUST.)
- Compliance- ensures all on-site personnel comply with project procedures, safety program, work rules. (Document all violations; notify project management.)
- Responsibility- for productivity of trades, efficient use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
- Continually monitor the schedule, cost report, and profitability of the work and initiate corrective action immediately when problems arise, Must ensure that cost report and quantities are current at all times.
- Performance-additional assignments may be requested by your project manager, compliance.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
Minimum of Ten (10) years construction management and/or craft supervision experience in commercial, retail, c-store, restaurant, ground-up construction. Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction required (technology, equipment, methods, craft agreements, jurisdiction, negotiations, engineering, cost control, schedules, and safety). Excellent communication, organizational, and supervisory skills are essential.